1. Home
  2. Apply for Benefits

Apply for Benefits

We believe in helping YOU take care of yourself and your family. For those struggling with low income, we offer assistance programs for food, cash, housing and health coverage. Apply here and learn more about benefits.

CalFresh Food Assistance

CalFresh puts food-buying power into the hands of working-class households. With CalFresh, you can buy sufficient, healthy food to meet your household’s needs.


Healthcare is vital. If you need health care coverage, we offer Medi-Cal, a comprehensive health coverage for individuals and families who qualify.

Medically Indigent Services Program

If you are between the ages of 21 and 64 and need help to pay for acute illnesses and medical care to prevent disability, help is available through the Medically Indigent Services Program (MISP).


For families who receive CalWORKs and have children, we offer the Housing Support Program! We want to help you find stable housing while receiving workforce training and support services.

Restaurant Meals Program

If buying food to prepare at home is not an option, you may qualify for Riverside County’s Restaurant Meals Program. This allows you to use your CalFresh benefits to buy meals from participating restaurants, locally and statewide!

Community Outreach Branch

A one-on-one connection can help people quickly find programs and services that improve their health, safety, and wellbeing. We strive to provide exceptional customer service through outreach services.

Cash Assistance (CalWORKs)

Helping you and your family be self-sufficient. CalWORKs is designed to give families with children a way to meet their basic living needs.

Covered California

Healthcare is critical to human life. If you need help finding affordable health coverage, consider Covered California. This is the State’s health insurance marketplace from the Affordable Care Act.

Child Care Assistance

Your kids are your priority. While you work to provide for your family, you need peace of mind that your children are receiving quality care. If your family is receiving cash assistance, you may qualify for CalWORKs Child Care Assistance.

Refugee Cash Assistance

If you are a refugee without children who is not eligible for other cash aid, Refugee Cash Assistance may help. The program provides cash aid to qualified refugees who are not eligible for CalWORKs or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).

Self Service Videos

Need to apply for food, cash or health coverage assistance but don’t want to wait in line? The videos on this page explain how self-service can help you navigate the online system, upload required documents and connect with your caseworker.