Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Additional Services

The Riverside County Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) is comprised of employees who work collectively and in partnership with community-based organizations to serve the needs of the community.

Below are some of the additional services and resources available to the residents of Riverside County

    Civil Rights Resources

    We are committed to providing excellent customer service in compliance with all applicable State and Federal laws and free of discrimination.  Discrimination is the favorable/unfavorable treatment of an individual based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partnership, political affiliation, citizenship, immigration status and genetic information

    How to file a Civil Rights complaint

    To report a discrimination complaint, click on one of the following forms which can be filled out electronically: English | Spanish
    Submit your complaint through the following ways:

    • Email: [email protected]
    • Fax: 951-358-6683
    • Mail:      Civil Rights Coordinator. 10281 Kidd Street. Riverside, CA 92503
    • Drop off the completed form at any County of Riverside DPSS office or let any DPSS employee know you would like to make a civil rights complaint.

    Other Complaints

    If you have a complaint regarding a worker or other DPSS staff member, but do not feel this person treated you differently because of your race, gender, disability, or other protected status, this is a program or service complaint.  A service complaint, which can be made by clicking here, typically results from the inaction of assisting or completing case actions for a customer.  Service complaints include, but are not limited to, discourteous behavior, long telephone wait times, lack of follow-through, and untimely responses. You can escalate service complaints through the supervisor or manager or visit the Contact Us page and select General Complaint.

    Understanding Your Rights

    To understand your rights when applying for public benefits in California, click on the Your Rights brochure here: English  |  Spanish
    To understand your rights under Adult Protective Services, click on the following brochures: English | Spanish

    Have questions about civil rights, including complaints?

    Contact Riverside County’s Civil Rights Coordinator.

    Helen Shearer
    (951) 358-5225
    email: [email protected]

    Community Care Expansion Preservation Program

    The California Department of Social Services (CDSS) has made funding available to counties with licensed residential adult and senior care facilities. Funding is available through the Community Care Expansion (CCE) Preservation Program for the immediate preservation of licensed residential adult and senior care facilities serving applicants or recipients of Supplemental Security Income/State Supplementary Payment (SSI/SSP) or Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI), including those who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness.

    If you are an owner or operator of a licensed adult residential facility or residential care facility for the elderly within Riverside County, click here for more information

    Aging and Health

    Benefits and Other Resources

    Child-Related Services and Benefits

    Community Services

    Court and Legal Services

    Employment Services

    Health and Wellness

    Homelessness and Shelter


    Public Health and Safety