If buying food to prepare at home is not an option, you may qualify for Riverside County’s Restaurant Meals Program. This allows you to use your CalFresh benefits to buy meals from participating restaurants, locally and statewide!
CalFresh customers who are older adults, disabled, or homeless can use their Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card to buy nutritious prepared meals at participating Riverside County restaurants. You’ll know these restaurants by the sign the display:
- 60 years or older
- Individuals who have been determined disabled through the Social Security Administration, are a veteran with a service-based disability, or are receiving disability payments through the Railroad Retirement Act.
- Individuals who are living in a supervised shelter, halfway house, or a place not designated for (or ordinarily used as) sleeping accommodations for human beings.
If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact your caseworker.
There is no application process for eligible CalFresh participants. Eligibility is automatically verified through point-of-sales equipment at the time of the transaction as the eligible participant’s Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card is electronically coded.
Want Your Restaurant to Participate?
Do you care about people’s right to good, nutritious food? Do you represent a restaurant? Consider joining the RMP! To qualify, you must:
- Enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Be certified by the United States Department of Agriculture-Food and Nutritional Services (USDA-FNS)
- Possess a Public Health Operating Permit
- Possess a current business license
- Obtain general liability insurance