Restaurant Meals Program - Vendor Information
The Riverside County Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) administers a Restaurant Meals Program (RMP)
that allows homeless, elderly and disabled persons to use their CalFresh benefits to buy low-cost prepared food at participating eateries. The RMP is an essential tool towards helping Riverside County end hunger.
Other counties across California participate in the program and are listed here: https://ebtproject.ca.gov/Clients/calfreshrmp.html
WANT YOUR RESTAURANT TO PARTICIPATE?
Restaurants interested in participating in RMP must meet the following requirements:
- Enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Be certified by the United States Department of Agriculture-Food and Nutritional Services (USDA-FNS)
- Possess a Public Health Operating Permit
- Possess a current Business License, and
- Obtain General Liability Insurance
To contact Riverside County regarding the RMP:
Call: (951) 358-3069
NOTE: There is no application process for eligible CalFresh participants; eligibility is automatically verified through Point-of-Sales (POS) equipment at the time of the transaction because eligible participant’s Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards are electronically coded.
Back to Restaurant Meals Program Main Page